Friday, August 8, 2008

The Chapman Family

I've been pretty quiet lately. It's just been a blah couple of weeks. I am frankly just trying to keep my head above water to keep my 3 children from screaming at each other all day (keepin' it real again). So that has involved becoming an activities director and not much time to myself! Which is all part of the package!
Anyways...I did manage to steal some time this afternoon (i.e. - the boys were both in front of a screen and every toy that Becca owns is in pile in our living room) to watch the footage of the Chapman family on Larry King Live last night. They were discussing the accidental death of their 5-year old daughter - she was run over in their driveway by their teenage son. There story is amazing - their faith is REAL and inspiring!
I have the utmost respect for this family. I believe they are the "real deal". They have adopted 3 girls from China and are HUGE advocates for adoption. Probably every adoptive parent mentions how they were inspired by the Chapmans and we are among them. We went to a day-long marriage conference in Colombus in November of 2003. We had dinner with the Allen's the night before and wanted to talk to them about their adoption and let them know that we were considering adoption. The next day at the conference - Steven Curtis Chapman did a mini-concert. At that point they had adopted and I was completely unaware of it. He and MaryBeth spoke about adoption and my tears flowed. That weekend confirmed for Chris and I that we would adopt!
Here is the link to the first part of the interview last night and then you can navigate to the other parts!


1 comment:

T and T Livesay said...

Hi L-
We loved seeing this --- thanks for sharing it - unbelievable family with great love for each other and the Lord -- inspiring.

Have a great day!