Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I miss blogging!

I was really hoping my next post would be the second half of the Red Letters Book Review. The week before last the book was at hubby's office. This week is has been home, but I have literally not been able to find enough time when I am not in a vegetative state (after 8pm) to be able to write a coherent post.
I know only a few people even read this - but it's very theraputic for me and I love having a place to try to put words to what I am thinking and feeling (so many others do it so much more eloquently than I do!)
It's frankly been a really tough few weeks. My eldest son is REALLY ready to be back at school and he has required MUCH more of me than he usually does. We've had some good times together and some really good talks. We've also had some really ugly moments and I am finding that he is currently draining A LOT of my emotional and mental energy! MANY other people are dealing with MANY LARGER SCALE issues! What I am coping with PALES in comparison - like not really on the charts - to so much of the suffering in the world. And I am mostly able to keep this perspective. But sometimes I fall into that whole selfish pity party mode too!
I am really hoping that things will even out with him when he gets back to school. I am looking forward to having some quiet times in the afternoons with both boys at school and Becca napping (I am hoping she hangs on at least until Christmas).
I am in the middle of the Beth Moore Believing God study and it has been FANTASTIC! I am also reading Just Courage by Gary Haugen with the International Justice Mission. I will be starting BSF in a few weeks and studying the life of Moses. SO MUCH good stuff! So many thoughts and places that God is taking me that I haven't been able to process yet! Hopefully soon!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Trying to catch up on my blog reading. I did the BM Believing God a couple years ago--it was so good! I just finished Stepping Up this summer. I just love Beth's studies.