Friday, June 27, 2008

Dangerous Surrender - Chapter 3

Gloiously Ruined -
I am struggling a bit, because although I KNOW I am officially "seriously disturbed" - I am not sure yet that I am "gloriously ruined". Kay says, "you won't become gloriously ruined sitting in your living room" - ouch - that's where I am right now!
Over the past year a lot of the ways I have become "seriously disturbed" is by reading the blogs of many others that are "gloriously ruined" (or are on that journey like me) and I have been able to do that from my living room! I know that it is part of the process and work He has been doing in me but now...I am CONFIDENT that God is calling me OUT of the living room and I believe He has been preparing me for quite some time!
I have recently started to take some smaller steps OUT, yet I know He is calling me to MORE! God is developing in me a heart of compassion that I have never had before. I still have a lot of growing to do in the ACTION department. It is one thing to feel something when I read about suffering, it is quite another for me to step into someone's suffering. I still have fear, I still have my guard up - I'm still not quite sure what it looks like when I am the one God uses to bring hope to a suffering soul. But I know I WANT it - because I have become convinced that I will MEET GOD there. And isn't that always the cry of my heart - "God, I want you - I want to know you more". I believe He is telling me that that is HOW I will find Him and that is WHERE I will find Him.
This trip to Guatemala is going to be a stepping stone on the journey. I am so thankful that I am taking this trip with my husband and that we can have this experience together. We both sense that there are some new things on the horizon for us as a family and are seeking God to be in the center of His will.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so excited for you & your husband to go on your upcoming trip to Guatemala. You will be forever changed, I'm sure.